Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What now?

I've been reading through some resumes lately, and one of the issues I've had is that Cambodians love to write run-on sentences. I found this gem in a recommendation letter. I normally wouldn't put stuff like this up on here, but here's a good example of why it's difficult to recruit staff who speak Khmer but are applying in English...

"She has been a hardworking, honestly, wholehearted, transparency, accountability, and initiative employee who always carried out her duties in a patient and gentle performance with professionalism knowledge and experiences of Administrative and Financial basically system and skills in strongly of preparation the Financial Reports with the sharply Excel Accounting System to submit to stakeholders."

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY CANOLI! That is hilarious! I thought some of the papers I corrected had problems, that is the longest strangest sentence I have ever read! It totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete