Sunday, January 11, 2009

More training!

Last week I (Julia) was up in Poipet and Battambang with Sithy doing child protection training with our member organisations there. We had almost 50 participants is all and it went really well, but I'm glad to be home! Having completely forgotten what it was like to date Charlie long distance for three years, I missed him so much! And I was only gone for 5 days!
The participants were all really keen to learn and implement child protection plans in their programs. We learned a few surprising things about people's knowledge (or lack thereof) of their organisation's child protection policy and hopefully the training will get them on the right track. Two of the NGOs appointed child protection champions, people who be responsible for keeping staff up to date with training and abuse prevention implementation. So exciting!
Sithy and I had a good time together, it was really fun to get to know her a little better and she was a good travel buddy. Once I get my pictures onto my computer I'll post some! For now, here's a picture of Sithy and me at our colleague, Sok's wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment