Monday, March 24, 2014

Lenten Reflections

At home group this week, our friends led a beautiful reflection and discussion about the desert and the [living] water. They showed two videos, which we discussed afterward, and both were so touching to me I wanted to share.

If you have 15 minutes or so, these two videos are great for reflecting on Lent and Easter. The first video is about Jesus' 40 days in the desert; it really struck me and got me thinking about just how long Jesus spent in the wilderness, how he was at his weakest when he faced his temptation, and how he still found the strength to repel evil. I have often read this passage (Matthew 4:1-11) but didn't really stop to think about the desperation, pain, fear, hunger, and even boredom Jesus must have felt throughout these 40 days. He must have also attained moments of perfect peace, calm, and joy during this time.

Here's the video, enjoy!


Pretty cool, eh?

The next video is shorter and from BBC Earth's series on Africa, and this clip is about the "Resurrection Plant," which I had not heard of before. It reminded me of how my faith journey is not linear; after a period of "being in the desert," so to speak, I don't start over at the beginning. And when I learn a lesson I feel I've learned before, I am learning as a different person than I was when I learned it before.

If nothing else, it's just a beautiful video!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment