Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, friends!

A new year and we're back up on our blog. We took a short break, due to the end-of-semester and December craziness, but we're back to feeling completely motivated and organised, as so many Januaries have before!

We had a wonderful Christmas in Winnipeg, saw lots of family and friends, and found the trip very relaxing overall.

This past weekend we both went down to the States for my first class weekend of the semester and spent a day in Vermont on our way down. Montpelier is a very cute little town with many bookstores and craft shops and some good restaurants to choose from. We chose McGillicuddy's Irish Pub, where I had the most delicious veggie burger I've ever tasted, but also happened to be where the Senate candidate was having a shin-dig, so it was pretty crowded.

Here we are in front of Montpelier's court house... for lack of another "notable" landmark.

We also stopped in Waterbury to visit the Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory and got a factory tour.

It was delicious.

It was a busy first weekend, but I am so excited about this semester. In Project Planning, we're moving forward from research to design, and enter the wonderful world of logframes!! They can be pretty tough, but I've done them before, so here's hoping it isn't too difficult. I'm also taking a Gender in CED elective with my fabulous academic advisor. This week, a main focus will be on passing a waiver exam to get out of taking Economics in CED, which looks like a repeat of the Economics courses I took in undergrad, so I'm really hoping I can pass the test.

Charlie spent the weekend driving me to and from campus, meeting me for lunch, napping, reading, and watching much basketball. He was also very happy when I introduced him to Hart's Turkey Farm Restaurant, which is attached to the hotel I stay at every month.

I hope to write more about Chab Dai Canada's progress more in the coming weeks. Charlie plans to make a guest appearance very soon as well. Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment