Friday, July 24, 2009

Chocolate Town!!

Chista and I just spent the week with our Mimi and Grandad in Pennsylvania, near the chocolate headquarters of the U.S., Hershey! Besides a fun trip to Chocolate World, all worth it for the free sample you get at the end of the tour, we also visited with some of their friends in their retirement community, some of whom have known us since before we were born; in fact, they saw my Mom grow up in New Town Square, PA! We also played many games of Hand and Foot, a favourite card game with our grandparents. Most fun was the musical evening we attended with about 400 seniors at their community center, which included performances of songs from broadway shows such as Guys and Dolls, Oklahoma, Spamalot, Hello Dolly, and Woman of the Year. It was great! I had great chats with my Grandad and I was sad to leave yesterday morning.

Today, Dad and I are spending the day at Princeton, where he is a visiting scholar using their Carl Barth library. Here he is working under a portrait of Betsy Stockton, the first black female missionary. Princeton has a really beautiful campus and I can't help but feel academically inspired! Alas, Ivy League may not be in the cards for me, but I am very much looking forward to starting my Masters in just over a month!

Tomorrow, we're going back to Ocean City, NJ, where Christa is now, and will be joined by the rest of our family (Mom, Charlie, Jen & Nic) for a week of beach and sun and family awesomeness! Let's hope it doesn't rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment