Friday, October 3, 2008

Our apartment

We live in a good location in Phnom Penh. It's a neighbourhood called Tuol Svei Prei Pi and it's near the Olympic Stadium (no, the Olympics have never been held here) It's near enough to the markets and not a far bike ride from work. Of course, Phnom Penh is a pretty small city to begin with and easy to navigate. We really like our apartment, it's bigger than our apartment in Montreal! The only downside is that right on our corner, about 20 feet from our front gate, is a really big dog restaurant. Now, I'm as adventurous as the next person, but this place is pretty gross. I've seen the cooks skinning a dog as I've walked by and they keep the charred dog skulls on display at the front. Thanks, I think I'll pass on that experience.
If you want to find us on the map, see this website (we're a few streets east of the corner of Monireth Blvd. and Mao Tse Tung Blvd.)
Here are some pictures of our living room/kitchen and an extra room we've turned into a reading/Pilates room!


5 comments:

  1. I like your blog.
    Beautiful pictures.
    Nice appartment.

    Please visit:

    http://bali-universe.blogspot.com

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks huge! Endless in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apartment is beautiful!!! I love those pillows you have in your reading room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously thought that the last picture was the hallway outside of your room. That is insane. Super nice even. I just saw the blog and read through it POST HASTE, I am extremely envious as all I am currently doing is stressing with school and wishing I was anywhere else. Hope everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that looks like a great space you guys have. Glad to hear you look like a mini ww1 soldier with your helmet juls...do you think it would stay on your head in case of an accident though???

    Keep the pics and the anecdotes coming...its a great window out to the world.

    Bisou
    Ari

    ReplyDelete